In today’s exciting post I describe a rather amusing series of events and the end result of it:
- In August I submitted a paper to a Computer Vision conference being held in New Zealand in November. This is entirely sensible because my honours research received a first-class grade and was in the field of computer vision.
- In September, a large earthquake occurred in the Christchurch region, causing much pandemonium amongst organisers of said conference.
- On Tuesday this week, my paper got accepted. Naturally, the conference was organised by people in Christchurch, and they were disrupted by several weeks due to the earthquake.
So the conference is on November 8 and 9 in Queenstown, New Zealand; this leaves me just over two weeks to:
- Arrange travel
- Revise the paper based upon reviewers’ comments
- Prepare a poster to present at the conference
- Get there